2004/05/05

The Sun

Deportivo 0 Porto 1
From ERIC BEAUCHAMP

JOSE MOURINHO has no fear of turning up at Chelsea tonight to see who will face his Porto side in the Champions League final.

His Portuguese side edged through to the final in Gelsenkirchen, Germany on May 26 thanks to Derlei?s 60th-minute penalty.

Then the Porto boss, who has been lined up to replace Blues chief Claudio Ranieri next season, insisted he is not worried about angering the Italian by watching Chelsea take on Monaco at Stamford Bridge.

He said: ?I have my ticket and I have one bodyguard ? and I have to go.

?I go there because I?m professional, because what I want more than anything in my professional life is to win the final.

?I don?t feel the pressure of being linked to Chelsea and I don?t speak with other clubs.?

Mourinho claimed he has had no contact with Chelski owner Roman Abramovich because he leaves all negotiations over his future to his agent Jorge Mendes.

He added: ?I don?t speak with directors, presidents or owners because I concentrate on my work at Porto and we have the final to look forward to.

?There is a person who controls that situation for me."

Brazilian Derlei, returning after four months out with a knee injury, kept his nerve to convert the spot-kick after Cesar fouled Deco Souza.

And it was all over for the Spanish side when they had defender Noureddine Naybet sent off 20 minutes from time for a second bookable offence.

Sem comentários: